Coach, Consultant and Trainer
Mel talks about hybrid coaching where he blends coaching and consulting.
Mel has served as a pastor, missionary, seminary and university administrator and professor and denominational district official. Mel was the founder of the Doctor of Ministry program for the Assemblies of God Theological Seminary.
- Mel is a founding partner and coach-consultant with Leadership Development Resources LLC.
- He created and directed the Doctor of Ministry degree for the Assemblies of God Theological Seminary.
- He served as Professor of Leadership and Organizational Development at: 1) the Assemblies of God Theological Seminary, 2) Southeastern University and 3) Northwest University.
Mel and his wife Martha have two married daughters and four grandchildren.
This podcast sponsored by:
- Advanced Classes - Coach Approach is like that Roast Beef sandwich shop. We have the meat! In April, we're offering 3 high level coaching classes for coaches who are ready for what's next. Coaching and the Brain introduces you to the neurological dynamics involved in learning. You'll learn about the five brains and how to take advantage of all those good chemicals floating around in the brain. A Coach Approach to Evangelism and Discipleship gives attention to how a dialogical approach can be effective in evangelism and discipleship. My partners Chad Hall and Bill Copper literally wrote the book on this in their book Faith Coaching. And if you love assessments, you'll want to take Using Assessments in Coaching. You'll learn the "when, who, and how" of using assessments to promote effective client engagement. These are all online classes which start in April of 2018 so go to coachapproachministries.org/coachadvance to sign up now and keep your coaching skills sharp.
- Free Webinar - Want to know more about How Coaching Enhances Discipleship? My partners Bill Copper and Chad Hall literally wrote the book on the subject with Faith Coaching: A Conversational Approach to Helping Others Move Forward in Faith. We are hosting a free webinar on Thursday, April 12, 2018. Even if you can't attend the live event, register now and we'll send you a link to the recording afterward. To register for this free webinar, go to coachapproachministries.org/freewebinar
- Coach Exchange - One of the toughest things for new and not-so-new coaches is finding paying clients. You need paying clients to get better as a coach and especially if you want to be an ICF-certified coach. People don't always realize that bartering is an accepted form of payment by the International Coach Federation. That's why we put together The Coaching Exchange. The Coaching Exchange is your ticket to paid coaching hours with really good clients. In the Coaching Exchange, you get 40 hours of paid coaching experience, and you help other coaches do the same. Experience matters. Go to coachapproachministries.org/coachexchange to find out more. coachapproachministries.org/coachexchange.